- About Head
Research is a complex scientific process that requires effective coordination and teamwork as well as reliable information, materials, and equipment. The Research Quality Management Section (RQMS) was established to manage and continuously improve these complex activities. This section works exclusively to improve the quality of services provided by the KAIMRC. The RQMS is responsible for developing an effective Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure systematic and optimal quality improvement in the research center. The focus of the RQMS is continuous performance improvement and improvement of the overall institution’s organizational environment by implementing high international standards.
The RQMS provides ongoing support to all sections of the KAIMRC through training and consultation, so that they can then implement the quality management systems efficiently and effectively.
QMS as well as KAIMRC services are regularly monitored to assess the level of performance by developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and to assure compliance with the national and international quality standards.
Dr. Saleh Al Ghamdi is a self-motivated team player and has the appropriate managerial experience for 11 years. He has a wide experience in six-sigma management approach and project management (PMP) for black six-sigma and PMP certification. Moreover, he is a Research Scientist with board scientific knowledge and technical experience in the different areas of Medical Research and Medical Education with interest and expertise in Cytotechnology, Cellular/Molecular Biology and early detection of cancer diagnostics and research.
Dr. Al Ghamdi completed his B.Sc. in Medical Technology at King Abdulaziz University, College of Medicine & Allied Sciences in Jeddah, KSA. He has a Cytotechnology Diploma in the Clinical Cellular Sciences at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. In addition, he took a master degree in Biomedical Science (Cellular Pathology) at the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff Biomedical Center, Faculty of Applied Sciences and a Ph.D. degree in Pathology (Molecular Pathology) in the Division of Pathology Medical Molecular Science, at University of Nottingham, UK.
Currently, Dr. Al Ghamdi is working at King Abdullah International Medical Research Center (KAIMRC) as a newly Head, Research Quality Management and presently the Deputy Chairman in Medical Genomics Research Department. He is a certified Saudi board with registration number 16-R-A-0053180. Furthermore, Dr. Al Ghamdi is actively participating in teaching at College of Applied Medical Science, KSAU-HS as a Block coordinator and an Assistant Professor. He has been involved in academic and teaching activities in different Universities since 1998 to present.
He achieved to publish more than 8 papers and presented more than 17 presentations in local and international conferences. Also, he was selected for many awards and grants inside and outside the Kingdom.
- Developing, reviewing and updating Administrative Policies and Procedures (APPs)
- Developing, reviewing and updating Departmental Policies and Procedures (DPPs)
- Establishing Research Quality Assessment and Monitoring System
- Establishing, reviewing and updating Research Proposals Processing System
- Obtaining the required National and International Institutional Accreditations
- Developing, reviewing and updating Institutional Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Developing, reviewing and updating Departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Assuring the completeness of the Departmental Manual
- Conducting Internal Quality Management
- Conducting Corrective and Preventive Actions for Services
- Managing the customers’ complaints thorough Online Complain Registrations System
- Developing KAIMRC Client Satisfaction System
- Managing the risks associated with KAIMRC Services