- About Head
The Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics focuses on research and development of computational and analytical methods essential for conducting state of the art biomedical research. The department’s researchers have diverse expertise that includes biostatistics, mathematical modeling, protein modeling, next generation omics analysis and genetic analysis.
In addition to the research and development of novel statistical and bioinformatics methods/tools, we are involved in large collaborative initiatives that cover several disease areas including diabetes and obesity, cancer, heat stress, genetic diseases and infectious diseases.
The department’s researchers work mainly through collaboration on research projects that are aligned with KAIMRC strategic initiatives. However, the department also has an outreach program that is designed to provide general statistical advice as well as systematic educational seminars, courses and workshops to clinical researchers.
Ph.D. Dept. of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics School of Public health University of Louisville, “A Bayesian Model for Polytomous Ordinal Misdiagnosed Data”
MSPH. Dept. of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics School of public health University of Louisville, “Management of Colorectal Liver Metastases: A Decision Analysis Perspective”
MSCS. Computer Eng. & Computer Science School of Engineering University of Louisville
Chairman, Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, King Abdullah International Medical Research Center, 2010- Present
Assistant Professor, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, 2010 – Present
Principal, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Pricing and Market Access, Management consulting, IMS Health, 2007- 2010
Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Pricing and Market Access, Management consulting, IMS Health
Associate Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, ValueMedics Research LLC, 2005- 2007
Principal Biostatistician, Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research Center, Innovation Center, Humana Inc. 2003- 2005
Research Assistant, Department of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, School of Public Health and Information Sciences, University of Louisville, 2000- 2003
Marketing Research Analyst, Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Inc. (Currently part of Sanofi Aventis), 1997-2000
Stochastic Modeling (i.e. Markov Modeling and Discrete Time Event Modeling).
Decision trees, cost effectiveness and net benefit analyses.
Generalized Linear Models (GLM).
Micro Array Analysis.
Generalized Estimating Equation (GEE).
Sampling techniques and analyzing survey data.
Data imputation and Missing Values.
Analysis of highly skewed distributions (i.e. cost and utilization data)
- Patterns of Treatment Response in Refractory and Relapse Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP) : A Retrospective Cohort Study
- The effect of 18 gram Fat Diet in Comparison to a Fasting State on Bioavailability of Ribavirin in Patients Chronically Infected with Hepatitis-C Virus
- Prediction of Colorectal Cancer
- Adherence to Routine Medical Screening practices among health care professionals at King Abdulaziz Medical City, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Concordance between actual and HCT-CI predicted 5 years overall survival among patient diagnosed with Hematological Malignancies in MNGHA, Riyadh
- Public Awareness of Dehydration Symptoms and preventive measures in Central Region, Saudi Arabia
- Prevalence of Paternal Post-Partum Depression in Central Region, Saudi Arabia
- Outcomes of delayed transfer of critically ill pediatric patients from pediatric emergency department to the pediatric intensive care unit in King Abdulaziz Medical City, a retrospective cohort study
- Molecular and Cellular Mechinisms Underlying Reversal of Type 2 Diabetes following Bariatirc Surgery: Study using Proteomic and Genes Chip Analysis
- Gene Expression Profiling of Human Heat Stress: Effects of Aging and Gender