- Dr. Ibraheem Bushnak
- Ext. (84) 94358
- About Head
The presence of Nanotechnology, alongside other research areas, plays an important role in advancing the medical field. The Nanomedicine group focuses on applications of nanotechnology in a medical/ clinical context. The group gathers distinguished researchers with different backgrounds to conduct research, share ideas and discuss prospects of the field.
The projects that the Nanomedicine group leads as a contribution to medical research include:
Improving point-of-care diagnostics to allow early intervention and a better patient outcome.
Developing novel drug delivery systems for chemotherapy, vaccines, gene delivery and infectious diseases.
Utilizing nanoparticles and advanced materials for tissue repair and regeneration.
Our main goal is to translate Nanomedicine research from bench to bedside by carrying it from laboratory experiments through clinical trials to clinical patient applications. It is also carried out with many collaborations with nationally and internationally recognized institutes/affiliates.
2004–2008 University of Surrey Guildford, Surrey, UK
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Condensed soft materials group, Physics department.
Research in Biomaterial nano-coatings.
2002–2003 University of Surrey Guildford, Surrey, UK
Master of Science (MSc) Medical Physics.
1997–2001 University of The PacificStockton Stockton, California, USA
Bachelor of Science (BSc) Chemistry-Biology.
2010–2014 University of Alberta/National Institute of Nanotechnology Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Akhtar, M. J., Kumar, S., Alhadlaq, H. A., Alrokayan, S. A., Abu-Salah, K. M., & Ahamed, M. (2016). Dose-dependent genotoxicity of copper oxide nanoparticles stimulated by reactive oxygen species in human lung epithelial cells. Toxicology and industrial health, 32(5), 809-821.
- Al-Kaysi, R. O. (2016). Alternative Synthesis of 1, 8-Difluoroanthracene via the Balz-Schiemann Reaction. Advances in Chemistry, 2016.
- Al-Kaysi, R. O., Zhu, L., Al-Haidar, M., Al-Muhannah, M. K., El-Boubbou, K., Hamdan, T. M., & Bardeen, C. J. (2015). Chemical reaction method for growing photomechanical organic microcrystals. CrystEngComm, 17(46), 8835-8842.
- Asem, H., Zhao, Y., Ye, F., Barrefelt, Å., Abedi-Valugerdi, M., El-Sayed, R., Muhammed, M. (2016). Biodistribution of biodegradable polymeric nano-carriers loaded with busulphan and designed for multimodal imaging. Journal of Nanobiotechnology, 14(1), 82.
- El-Boubbou, K., Ali, R., Bahhari, H. M., AlSaad, K. O., Nehdi, A., Boudjelal, M., & AlKushi, A. (2016). Magnetic Fluorescent Nanoformulation for Intracellular Drug Delivery to Human Breast Cancer, Primary Tumors, and Tumor Biopsies: Beyond Targeting Expectations. Bioconjugate chemistry, 27(6), 1471-1483.
- Jiang, K., Zhang, L., Lu, J., Xu, C., Cai, C., Lin, H., Zhou, H. C. (2016). Back Cover: Triple‐Mode Emission of Carbon Dots: Applications for Advanced Anti‐Counterfeiting (Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 25/2016). Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 25(55), 7266-7266.
- Yang, C., Zhu, L., Kudla, R. A., Hartman, J. D., Al-Kaysi, R. O., Monaco, S., Bardeen, C. J. (2016). Crystal structure of the meta-stable intermediate in the photomechanical, crystal-to-crystal reaction of 9-tert-butyl anthracene ester. CrystEngComm, 18(38), 7319-7329.
- Zhu, L., Al‐Kaysi, R. O., & Bardeen, C. J. (2016). Photoinduced Ratchet‐Like Rotational Motion of Branched Molecular Crystals. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 55(25), 7073-7076.
- Zhu, L., Tong, F., Zaghloul, N., Baz, O., Bardeen, C. J., & Al-Kaysi, R. O. (2016). Characterization of a P-type photomechanical molecular crystal based on the E→ Z photoisomerization of 9-divinylanthracene malonitrile. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 4(35), 8245-8252.