- About Head
The Research Office in Al Ahsa provides extended support to researchers from the initial step of fulfilling requirements, proposal submission, amendments and consultation services till the completion of research. The Research Office provides support to clinical researchers with qualified and experienced research coordinators, and also offers guidance using existing facilities for example research laboratories and clinical support.
Since 2008, more than 138 proposals have been submitted to the Research Office in Al Ahsa. The office facilitates the researchers in the e-submission process of research proposals, proposal forms and guidelines, checklists for research projects, and assignment of an appropriate clinical research coordinator to the principal investigator for ongoing research. The Office also coordinates with the KAIMRC-ER Education & Promotion section for educational activities to promote a research culture in Eastern Region.
FRCP (2014 – Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow)
MD (2010 – Queen Mary College, University of London)
CCT in Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology and Virology – dual (2009, UK Board)
FRCPath (2008 – Fellow of Royal College of Pathologists, London)
MRCP (UK) – (2000, Member of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh)
MBBS (1992 – University of Khartoum)
Consultant Infectious Diseases, King Abdulaziz Hospital, MNGHA – Al Ahsa
Head, KAIMRC-ER, Research Office – Al Ahsa
Chairman, Research Scientific Committee – Eastern Region
Member for Internal Medicine, Departmental Academic Affairs’ committee
Consultant Infectious Diseases & Clinical Microbiology, Nottingham University Hospitals (Queens Medical Centre) and Senior Lecturer Nottingham University
Specialist Registrar Infectious Diseases & Clinical Microbiology Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Trust
Clinical Research Fellow Centre for Infectious Diseases, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Queen Mary’s School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London
Specialist Registrar in Medical Microbiology/Virology St. Bartholomew’s and The Royal London NHS Trust
Specialist registrar in Infectious Diseases and Medicine Regional Infectious
Diseases Unit; Western General Hospital- Edinburgh
Medical Registrar: General Medicine and Gastroenterology Halifax General Hospital- Halifax- United Kingdom
General Internal Medicine
Infectious disease and Medical Virology
Blood Bone Virus Infection
- Scientific processing of Research Proposal
- Pre-submission queries
- Acceptance of new research proposal for scientific review
- Research Scientific Committee Formation Order
- To review all research proposals, make recommendations for amendment and/or approval on a scientific basis, and forwarding the proposal to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee for ethical and final approval.
- To encourage clinical research projects in accordance to the APP guidelines and ICH-GCP standards.
- To promote the culture of multi-disciplinary groups and research teams.
- To forward all committee recommendations to the Chief Medical Officer, MNGHA for final review and approval.