- Contact Details
Advanced Computing and Technologies department aims to provide and maintain the applications and services running academic, research, administrative business processes, engineering consultations – including solutions and deep technical training for researchers on new engineering or technical techniques when needed for specific research. It also covers the initial technical evaluation processes and selection for equipment, as well as maintaining the advanced KAIMRC technologies.
ACT is consistent with the requirements related to ISO9000 and to government regulatory requirements and it will boost IT efficiency, cut costs, and improve IT project delivery in terms of time and budget.
Advanced Computing and Technologies is comprised of five sections: Technical Support, User Support, Health Technology Management, Strategy and Governance and Application Development.
- Advance business processes and operational efficiencies through effective implementation of information technology to support KAIMRC’s staff.
- Maximize ACT staff potential to foster security and reliability of KAIMRC systems in order to leverage efficient information technology infrastructure.
- Increase user satisfaction.
- Establish ACT Business System by highlighting ACT services that can be commercialized to other institutions.
- Acquire International Accreditations.
- End-user hardware and software support.
- Database management.
- Backup and restore management.
- e-Services/web-publishing service.
- HPC administration service.
- Network Management service.
- Storage management service.
- File Share service.
Strategy and Governance:
- Development of a business-driven IT strategy.
- Decision making and priority setting.
- Designing necessary IT governance structure, processes and organization.
- Providing end-user with full project management services.
- Providing end-user with support in evaluation and technical review for any IT-related project and software.
- Gathering end-user requirements.
- Managing the quality of ACT processes and projects.
- Providing creative and effective software applications to serve and support all KAIMRC sections.
- Developing and maintaining highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems for KAIMRC.
- Facilitating the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Providing fast & reliable access to all information systems.
- Hardware support
- Software support.
- Supporting Video Conference, Meetings and Events.