- Contact Details
The Research Office (RO) at King Abdullah International Medical Research Center (KAIMRC) plays a major role in at the Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs as well as at the King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, starting proposal submission through publication of research results.
Since its inception in 2007, more than 1000 proposals have been submitted to the Research Office, at both national and international level. Over the last 7 years, the Research Office has also received more than 500 grant proposals, and it funds generously the researches carried under its sponsorship, or it facilitates the process of extramural funds.
The RO is playing a major and vital role in supporting research and researchers at MNGHA in all regions by facilitating the approval process of all submitted research proposals, providing highly qualified & trained research coordinators as well as monitors, supporting and managing all the external sponsored clinical trials, handling the IP for all studies at MNGAH, monitoring research studies.
The research office is considered as a research hub and point of contact for all researchers from inside & outside the MNGAH and the office undertakes the responsibility of facilitating the communications and submission of proposals to KACST, NSTIP and regulatory authorities.
- Processing of research proposals and scientific review for all submitted research proposals within KAIMRC, KSAU-HS and MNGHA.
- Consultation and advice for investigators and students in proposal writing.
- Administration of electronic proposals submission system.
- Management of KAIMRC Research Proposals Database.
- Protocol development for investigator that initiated clinical trials funded by KAIMRC.
- Assistance in feasibility assessment of studies / questionnaires provided by international sponsors for potential studies to be conducted in MNGHA.
- Liaison with Saudi Food & Drug Authority (SFDA).
- Review of clinical trials review and liaison with sponsors.
- Monitoring research studies to ensure compliance with local / international standards, studies’ protocols, and MNGHA policies and procedures.
- Coordination and management of research studies.
- Management of investigational products (under investigation).
- KAIMRC pharmacy management.