- Research Project
- Contact Details
The department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics focuses on research and development of computational and analytical methods essential for conducting state of the art biomedical research. The department’s researchers have diverse expertise that includes biostatistics, mathematical modeling, protein modeling, next generation OMICS analysis, and artificial intelligence.
In addition to the research and development of novel statistical and bioinformatics methods/tools, we are involved in large collaborative initiatives that cover several disease areas including diabetes and obesity, cancer, heat stress, genetic diseases and infectious diseases.
The department’s researchers develop and execute independent research projects. We are also involved through collaborations with many mega projects that align with KAIMRC strategic initiatives. However, the department also has an outreach program that is designed to provide a general technical advice as well as systematic educational seminars, courses and workshops to clinical researchers.
- To develop cutting edge Biostatistics and Bioinformatics algorithm and tools to accelerate translational research in the areas of genomics, metabolomics, proteomics and transcriptomics.
- To be a center of excellence analytic platform for the design and analysis of Clinical Trials.
- To promote the correct use of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics methodology through the design and delivery of seminars and short courses to researchers and scientist.
- To serve as technical resources and offer expertise for researchers in the Ministry Of National Guard – Health Affairs.
- Infectious Disease
- Diabetes and Metabolic Disease
- Cancer Disease
- Heat Stress and Stroke
- Neurology and Psychiatric Disorder