- Research Project
- Contact Details
The department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics focuses on research and development of computational and analytical methods essential for conducting state of the art biomedical research. The department’s researchers have diverse expertise that includes biostatistics, mathematical modeling, protein modeling, next generation OMICS analysis, and artificial intelligence.
In addition to the research and development of novel statistical and bioinformatics methods/tools, we are involved in large collaborative initiatives that cover several disease areas including diabetes and obesity, cancer, heat stress, genetic diseases and infectious diseases.
The department’s researchers develop and execute independent research projects. We are also involved through collaborations with many mega projects that align with KAIMRC strategic initiatives. However, the department also has an outreach program that is designed to provide a general technical advice as well as systematic educational seminars, courses and workshops to clinical researchers.
- To develop cutting edge Biostatistics and Bioinformatics algorithm and tools to accelerate translational research in the areas of genomics, metabolomics, proteomics and transcriptomics.
- To be a center of excellence analytic platform for the design and analysis of Clinical Trials.
- To promote the correct use of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics methodology through the design and delivery of seminars and short courses to researchers and scientist.
- To serve as technical resources and offer expertise for researchers in the Ministry Of National Guard – Health Affairs.
- An alternative therapy using Placental Mesenchymal Stem Cells for treatment and management of Atherosclerosis
- A phase II, multicenter open label study of treatment intensification with Brentiuximab -vedotin and ACVD in high risk patients with a positive interim PET after 2 cycles of ABVD
- MERS-CoV Infection treated with A Combination of Lopinavir/ritonavir and IntErferon Beta-1b: a multicenter, placebo-controlled, double-blind randomized trial
- Randomized Multicentre Comparative Trial to Evaluate the Long Term Effectiveness of the use of Carbaglu® in Patients with Propionic Acidemia (PA) or Methylmalonic Acidemia (MMA)
- Computational methods for identifying somatic and germline mutations from high throughput sequencing data
Diabetes and Metabolic Disease
- Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms Underlying Reversal of Type 2 Diabetes following Bariatric Surgery: Study using Proteomic and Genes Chip Analysis
- Circulating MicroRNA as potential bio mercers for critical illness Myopathy
- Discovery of potent Antimicrobial peptides acting as fusion inhibitor of the S2 subunit proteins HR1 and HR2 for MERS-CoV: A computational approach
- Role of RORgammaT Transcription Factor in the Double Positive Thymocytes Development and Transformation
- Transcriptome analysis of the Saudi patients suffering of Hyper Immunoglobulin E Syndrome (HIES): A surge for biomarker and therapeutic target discovery
- Characterization of KAIMRC1 cell to discover novel breast cancer causing pathways
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasm in Saudi Arabia (MPNR)
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) Disease Registry in Saudi Arabia: An Observational Study
- Lymph Proliferative Disorders (LPDs) Disease Registry
- Neutrolin Catheter Lock Solution versus Heparin for locking hemodialysis catheters: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Heat Stress and Stroke
- Gene Expression Profiling of Human Heat Stress: Effects of Aging and Gender
- Health Impact of Extreme Heat During the Pilgrimage to Makkah: A 10 Years’ time-series Analysis
- Application of a system biology approach to uncover the mechanisms of heat-induced exhaustion and stroke
Neurology and Psychiatric Disorder
- Prevalence of Paternal Post-Partum Depression in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Estimating confidence limits for prevalence of misclassified events