- Contact Details
Science and Technology unit (STU) is in charge of two main divisions: External Grants Management and Research Outcome Evaluation. External Grants Management functions as a liaison office between external funding agencies and all researchers working under the umbrella of the Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs (MNG-HA) in all regions. Whereas, Research outcome Evaluation functions as the main post award division that monitors the progress of all KAIMRC funded projects within MNG-HA.
External Grants Management
- Exploring potential funding opportunities.
- Developing and submitting highly competitive grant proposals.
- Review and submission of research proposals to external funders.
- Granting an approval letter for research proposal submission.
- Managing and monitoring research projects.
- Ensuring that the budgets are implemented according to the projects’ terms.
- Review and approval of the research’s technical and financial reports before sending them to external funders.
- Preparing financial forms and records related to project follow-ups.
- Ensuring the compliance of investigators with the scientific integrity guidelines.
Research Outcome Evaluation
- Monitoring the progress of all KAIMRC funded projects
- Scientifically evaluating the projects outcomes
- Sharing the feedback with the principal investigators
- Addressing the obstacles that the PIs might encounter and help to facilitate the progress of the research studies
- Providing consultation during the conduct of the studies
- Evaluating the extension and closure requests received by the Institutional Review Board (IRB).