- Contact Details
IACUC refers to Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee which oversees and evaluates all aspects of the institution’s animal care and use. The committee is responsible for ensuring the proper care and welfare of animals involved in research according to national and international regulations and standards
Duties and responsibilities
- To review guidelines, policy and procedures for ethical handling and use of animals in experimental research, teaching/education or training, testing, forensic, or breeding purposes at MNG-HA, KSAU-HS and KAIMRC.
- To promote the cause of responsible and humane treatment of animals in science through monitoring and training.
- To oversee animal research programs and facilities at MNG-HA, KSAU-HS and KAIMRC.
- To review and evaluate animal research projects at MNG-HA, KSAU-HS and KAIMRC.
- To review non-compliance reports and recommend corrective actions to protect animal well-being.
- To ensure timely response to reports from investigators regarding adverse or unexpected events.
- To ensure that the animal facilities meet the ethical standards (personnel, physical place, safety and procedures etc.)
For Investigators / Researchers
- Upon successful completion of the review by the research office, the research office will refer the proposals with all supporting documents to IACUC for ethical approval.
- Investigators including animal work in their proposed research projects MUST submit “The Animal Ethics Application Form”.
- For previously approved animal research proposals, please make sure to submit your extension request two months prior to expiration of your current approval.
- For extension requests, please submit: 1) Animal Extension Form, 2) Extension Request Memo, and 3) Annual Financial Report.
Forms can be downloaded from the following hyperlinks:
- Animal Ethics Application Form:http://app.ngha.med/Client/appview.aspx?id=6568
- IACUC DPP – http://portal.ngha.med/sites/kaimrc/dpp/Pages/IACUC.aspx
- IACUC Extension form: http://portal.ngha.med/sites/kaimrc/dpp/Pages/IACUC.aspx see appendix K in DPP.
- The deadline for documents collection is the 15th of each month.
- The IACUC meeting will be conducted during the first week of each month.
- The turnaround time is about 2 weeks.
- The research Proposals with incomplete documents requirements will not be reviewed until they are completed.